Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My biggest reasons to celebrate ~

To my kids ~

Maile, (Hawaiian name derived from the name of a vine used in making leis – in the bible a vine is symbolic of Christ and that we must stay connected to him) you were my first-born, my miracle; my connection and strength in Christ grew with you.  I remember holding you for hours while you were sleeping, staring at you.  I couldn’t believe that you were mine, that God would give me something so profoundly beautiful.  I remember working graveyard just so I could take you to “Mommy and Me classes” and watch with marvel as you ran around with joy and excitement in your voice and eyes.  I remember that I couldn’t get enough of my little girl even when you knocked a kid off the ladder cause they had been picking on you (wow did I have to restrain myself not to burst out laughing); I longed for more hours in the day to be with you.  When I read books to you that made me fall off into unconscious slumber, you amazed me even more because you became the reader.  I am still amazed.

Your Scripture ~
John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Jaimie, you were my second.  When I picked your name, it came from a book that gave the meaning “to inspire love.”  Most say supplanted (someone who succeeds; accomplishes something; is a success).  Anyway you look at it, it all held true.  I remember your quiet complacency as we walked in the freezing cold miles home; you my tiny girl at my side not even uttering a word, and Amanda, my baby girl in my arms.  You somehow took everything in stride and you always responded with warmth; hugging me and clinging to my side even as we slept.  I remember your wonder and alarm at what you saw “Mom, I have a hole…” lol.  I remember the phrases you made and words you made up, “just a little bit…,”  “Mom, my yegs hurt,” “Mom, you forgot to give them the baby” lol.  I wondered why God had yet blessed me with another incredibly genuinely beautiful little girl.

Your Scripture ~
1 Corinthians 13: 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking

Amanda ~ my third, but not my last.  Your name means to be loved; fit to be loved, lovable.  I remember you laying in my lap for hours with your bat baba and wanting to be held on my shoulder no matter what when you were asleep and we were out; the stroller just didn’t make it unless you were totally and completely passed out :-D  I remember how people loved you especially the little boy who lived next door to grandma and scared the daylights out of you; now it’s a blessing to watch you love beyond what might be my capacity.  I still love watching the things you do, like singing in the car with facial expression, hand expressions, and all the motions to go along.  I even can deal with the things you do and say to me in spite of my threatening to call 1-800-ma-abuse.  You my love, are in spite of all my shortcomings, another intensely beautiful (inside out) girl that God gave me…He certainly is full of grace and mercy and has a huge sense of humor (lol…not really).

Your Scripture ~
1 Corinthians13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Jason ~ my first son.  Jason is derived from Joshua and it means healer.  When you came into our lives the one thing I could clearly see, was the effect you had on my daughters heart.  God, through you, touched and began healing my daughter’s heart in a way that was evident, beyond what I witnessed before and could have hoped for.  God did something through you that I could never, as willing a vessel as I’d be, be used by Him to do; for that I will always embrace and love you as my son.  You have treated her with the love and the respect someone would treat a princess with; you are her prince charming so you have certainly charmed me.  Thank you for your patience, your gentle touch, and for caring beyond.  I hold the things you give her and me and the things you do for her and me as priceless treasures.  You are a gift.

Your Scripture ~
1 Corth 12: 7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit 

Greg ~ my second son.  Gregory means watchful and vigilant.  You my son, although I couldn’t see it initially, seem to be the perfect recipe for my Jaimie.  Initially when I met you, I saw that you were willing to get to know her whatever the cost, that you truly appreciated who she was in Christ (her purity and her innocence), that you did whatever you could think of to make her feel special.  Finally, after everything was said and done you were willing to deal with me.  The fact that you could take my rants, and turn around and treat me with respect and acceptance for her sake, in the end spoke volumes to me.  As time goes on, I realize that you are thankful for Jaimie; that you have been a wonderful husband to her; treat her like there is no other woman in the world, and like your princess - a true show of thankfulness.  Truly, I am thankful and grateful that God brought you into her life.  I will also never forget the note you sent me thanking me for the sacrifices I made for my girls.  You may not realize the depth of the meaning that had for me; that was very special to me.

Your Scripture ~

Colossians 4:2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
                     

To all my children ~

I could go on forever but I would never get this done or printed.  So with that to all of you ~

Number 6:

24 “‘“The LORD bless you 
   and keep you; 
25 the LORD make his face shine on you 
   and be gracious to you; 
26 the LORD turn his face toward you 
   and give you peace.”’

Psalm 145:20
The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy (I am beyond sure He will take care of all I commit into his hands; first and foremost, I commit my children into His hands)

I love you all ~ I celebrate YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment