Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Why

Why would I bother to create an event, to host one, or to share anything at all....

My Why

Many years ago, I lost my mother to a massive heart attack.  She was a size 4 when she died.  A few years later, my father who had survived cancer, on top of his diabetes, was diagnosed with alzheimer’s and I took care of him until the last 4 months of his life at which time he went into a home.  At that point, I went into what was diagnosed as clinical depression. I was put on medication that caused all kinds of side symptoms including grinding my teeth causing me to eventually break and lose a tooth.  That wasn’t even the beginning of my health issues.  I was also told that I was at heart attack stage, critical, any moment.  The doctor told me that I needed to go on medication right away.  He said that the medication itself could cause a heart attack but that if I survived, it would help.  I gave him a resolute “NO” at which point he recommended exercise, diet, and monthly visits.  I drove home that day weeping knowing that my girls were not ready to lose me.  I also knew I couldn’t tell them the extent, so I kept it inside and it spiraled my depression.

After losing 30 pounds, my statistics were a little better but basically the same (at danger level) and I was forlorn.  On top of it, some of the most wonderful people in the world, people I worked with, looked up to and esteemed, began to get cancer.  I would learn of one, then another, then another, and I felt sad and sickened inside.  I prayed everyday for answers and God sent them to me (at least a lot of them~I still have so much to learn).

One day as I was working out at 24 hour fitness when my daughter’s former cheerleading coach (when they were small) walked by.  I was so excited to see her and as I looked at her I realized that she looked even younger than when the girls were little.  I always thought she was so beautiful that something had to be wrong with her...I was wrong ~ lol. She is as beautiful,  on the inside and to top it off, humble, and kind. I saw her a couple of more times and probably the third time, I shared my woes and she shared answers.  


As I followed her advice, every single issue turned around and all my levels went to normal. I began to experience wellness that I had not felt since my early 30’s even to the point of getting rid of allergies that caused me to always carry a tissue in my sleeve.  People began to tell me that I looked good and that I looked younger (Despite what I saw in the mirror, I chose to believe them..lol...and I do use awesome anti-aging supplements and facial products). 

However, I kept my regime to myself.  I am a pretty private and passive person; definitely not a sales person (I give things away and would go broke..lol). However, as I got healthier I realized that I had a moral obligation to share, in spite of my reluctance to speak to people. Thus, my events and my blog...(I still can't speak to people but my wellness coach does it for me :/) I pray wellness, energy, and excitement into all of your lives.  I hope you will join me on my journey ~

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment