Sunday, January 23, 2011

What memories are made of ~

Special moments with my girls today.  Funny that the most precious moments can occur when you're doing nothing at all and sometimes when things don't seem quit so perfect.  The times that force you to look at everything precious that you have, are sometimes the most memorable.

We had all these plans starting out early in the morning and ended up home all day; but that was ok. My daughter, Maile came over today and put Jaimie through a photo shoot especially designed for her husband.  Cute as ever.  I sat with my other daughter and scratched legs, arms, head, and just kept her company.  At one point we all huddled together on the couch.  No one really wanted to do anything but cuddle, keep warm, and feel each others company in the silence.

I think that our family did what needed to be done; we comforted one another emotionally today.  I remembered the story of King David in the bible, who although he was known as "a man after God's heart," was not a good father.  When his daughter was raped by his son, he did nothing. David pulled back, became passive, buried his feelings, avoided facing the issue in a number of ways.  "Yet change does not occur without action, without doing what needs to be done to bring about change." Charles Swindoll ~  That's what our family did, we took action just knowing that comfort was the medicine for today...and that's all we had to know and all we had to do.

Tomorrow I look forward to the gym and church.   Somehow, I think something special will happen :)



No comments:

Post a Comment