Thursday, January 20, 2011

Random Perceptions

Special Moments with Children, even adult children, never end ~

As I read through everyone's posting about their babies, I see pics of little ones doing cute things or with someone, I remember when mine were that small.  Although I cherish those moments, I cherish the moments I have with them today.  I still marvel at the things they say and do.  I still laugh and well up with wonderful feelings when I see them, hear them, and listen to them. 

Yesterday when I came home, Mandy was dressed so cute and she was dancing Salsa.  She got Jaimie to join her and they danced and laughed and I was just so happy to be with them.  In some ways it's a little more difficult because when they were small I had more control to protect them.  As adults, my internal reactions are still the same, to protect them.  Yet I know I can't be a "helicopter mom," hovering over my adult children.  With my oldest, Maile, and my next one, Jaimie, I feel a peace that comes from the fact that they are being protected by good men.  What mattered most to Jaimie, and for that fact for Amanda, was the spiritual man she saw in her husband.  That is their first attraction and with that comes a sense of comfort for me. Nonetheless, the worry of what the "world" can bring into their lives sometimes looms over me and I have to pray or do this, write, or go back to the precious memories I have, like yesterdays.

Tolerance ~

Sean Covey in his book “Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens” called the highest level of diversity appreciation, not a “Tolerator’s Profile” but a “Celebrator’s Profile.”  He says that these people realize that celebrating differences doesn’t mean that you necessarily agree with those differences, only that you value...  Yet those who preach tolerance seem to get flaming mad if you have a contrary belief system, you support what they don’t support, or you exercise your freedom to vote the way you want to.  My question is, how can they advocate tolerance when they want to force you to conform to their beliefs, vote as they vote, support what they support… or… you will be called intolerant and many expletive words will be hurled at you and about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment